Wednesday, September 9, 2020

PlatAfrica - “i refuse” Bangle

 

“i refuse” Bangle



Figure 1 - Mbeje A. 2020 “i refuse” Bangle. Silver frame, HDPE Plastic (Red and Black), Platinum Pattern  


My 2020 PlatAfica jewellery piece was made from all of the prototype models that I developed. My design hook helped me to learn different techniques of assembling this bangle as seen in figure 1 as a multifaceted jewellery piece. The bangle was made with 80% recycled Plastic Red and Black (HDPE Cola-Cola caps) and 10% of Silver and 10% platinum.



Figure 2 - Mbeje A. 2020 “i refuse” Bangle. Silver frame, HDPE Plastic (Red and Black), Platinum Clasper Piercing  

My bangle design was inspired by DNA structure patterns, which are used as a fundamental of portraying Zakes Bantwini’ career. The word phase of “i refuse” as seen in figure 2. I look up to him as a musician DNA of South Africa due to the successful career that he has achieved in music.  The word phase of “i refuse” on the bangle clasper should be worn by every man in the society, who want to have positive energy in their career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment