Thursday, December 17, 2020

James de Givenchy

 

Figure 1- Givenchy J. 2019 Camouflage Bangle. Ceramics, Gold and Gemstones

Figure 2- Givenchy J. (n.d). Cocktail-Rings. Ceramics, Gold and Gemstones


I was inspired by Givenchy's Taffin design collections seen in figure 1 and 2, which was designed to be a bold combination of colour in gemstones. He often employs coloured ceramics, which has become one of his signatures. This has inspired me to choose him as my art-jewellery reference for recycling plastic. My own contemporary jewellery pieces, like the Abstract Art Pendant, are inspired by ceramic colour contrast technique of Givenchy's jewellery, which I am not incorporating on my jewellery pieces but I rather use plastic waste to create a new signature for recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment