Monday, December 14, 2020

Oval Flora Mould

 

Fly Pressing Plastic



Figure 1 - Mbeje. A (2020) Oval Flora Pattern. Gilding Mould 


This was my first experimentation of using the fly pressing technique in jewellery, I was using a painted mould to fly press the plastic in figure 1. My explanation of using the mould on plastic was not easy because of the simple pattern design. I wanted to learn how to fly press and what are the challenges of using plastic not metal, but my design mould would have been better if I made it's smaller and detailed from the inside mould.


Figure 2 -  Mbeje. A (2020). Oval Flora Pattern. Plastic HDPE (coca-cola cups) 


Using gilding metal for fly pressing plastic, it's not a problem if you do its right, the temperature remains constant until the plastic cools off.

No comments:

Post a Comment