Monday, January 18, 2021

Conclusion

Recycling plastic waste has been the great experience for me as an art-jeweller,although it was challenging for me at first. However, I was able to outline the problems that I have faced from my prototypes. Porous plastic, which is found on HDPE tubes, has been a problem as it is difficult to clean off the oxidation layer through polishing. I end up using ABS plastic for my other prototypes as this was an easier material to work with when using fly pressing and moulding techniques. I wish I had used fly pressing for my platinum jewellery competition as I feel that this technique would work well with platinum. My research was interrupted by the COVID-19 lockdown, which has made me to work more on my CAD design for fly pressing moulds. Despite all the problems that I have faced in this report I was able to understand the function of my jewellery. I want to build a stronger jewellery collection from what I learnt when facing the problems that I came across during my action research in plastic waste jewellery. I would also like to experiment more with ABS plastic for my upcoming projects after the COVID-19 pandemic.



No comments:

Post a Comment