Sunday, January 17, 2021

Research Methodology




Figure 1 - Kang. Y. (2015) Action Research Cycle


 The Action Research Methodology for this report has been developed with the continuous cycle of four different phases which are a form of collaborative research that was created by McNiff. These four-steps are: planning, acting, observing, and reflecting. These phases were completed through the engagement with data collected on the internet from specific research sources. This data was necessary to develop my research for my practical work on recycling plastic waste.


Planning


I have to gather information from other art jewellers who are using various functions and techniques to manufacture something similar to my work. This will guide me in finding the function of the jewellery I want to create, as well as providing me with techniques that I can use to make it.


Acting

I have to manufacture prototypes, from the jewellery techniques that I have obtained from my references.


Observing

I have to observe all of the prototypes that I have manufactured, so I can be able to understand my improvement in jewellery techniques that I have employed on all designs.  As a result, I will be able to create a final jewellery piece.


Reflecting

After I have four-steps completed the planning, acting and observing phases, I will be able to reflect on my jewellery pieces, as well as any improvement of my design skills and manufacturing that I will have noticed. After finding what I like and dislike about each prototype and where I went wrong with my techniques, I can go back to the planning phase and repeat the cycle, which will lead me to developing a creative final jewellery piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment